Total Pageviews

Monday, January 20, 2014

Modern Connections


You know what I love?  I love the Modern?  You know why I love the Modern?  Because they offer so many opportunities to students in the FWISD.  Art camps, drawing from the collection, field trips, TAP.  I'm telling you, the Modern is AWESOME!  
Back in October they created an event for the principals, educators, and superintendents from all over the DFW metroplex to celebrate the importance and benefits of arts education in schools.  They had a guest speaker, Lois Hetland, professor of Art Education at the
Massachusetts College of Art, they had refreshments, and music provided by Paschal High School's Jazz Band.  The best part, for me, was the student guided tours of the gallery.  Three of our students were chosen as docents and their job was to be able to discuss certain works with guests, as well as answer any questions they had about the piece.  Each student was teamed up with an older student from a different school in the FWISD.  

It was a proud moment to see my students shine as docents.  I am so proud of you Jamie, Ellie, and Mackenzie!